Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Vistana Hotel - 27/9/05

Vistana Hotel, Penang Island

Short 2 days trip to Penang and I thought that I would give Vistana a try. Arrived around midnight and the check in was done very quickly and without fuss eventhough I was also checking-in 2 other overseas customers.

For RM130++ the rooms are big but the amenities are very basic. The only things they provide are the coffee making offers and toilet stuffs. The bed were big and comfortable and tv channels had Astro channels.

Very dissapointed that there were no broadband in the room. Probably because I had been travelling overseas for too often but then again, this is Penang, a developed island with lots of business travellers. I asked about dialup in the room and I was given a number. Didn't work cause the call kept going towards the receptionist. So I spoke to the receiptionist, and it turned out that I have to "enable" dial out for my room phone. Tried dial up again but still could not login and after a bit of fiddling, turned out that they have given me times.com dial-in number and not tm.net....which would just be 1515.

Breakfast was not part of the package and is RM15 per person but it's very basic.

If you need to take a taxi, advised to grab one outside the hotel (if you know your way and the rates) cause the "taxis" or limos provided by the hotel are very expensive.

Generally, I won't come back here unless if it's for personal holidays and checking emails are not necessary. There is TMNet Hotspot in the lobby but the lobby isn't very large and at night you would see a lot of other travellers there with their notebook. I prefer the privacy of my room.



No comments:

nuffnang

googles