Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ujong Pasir....sometime in 1989

This photo was taken, if I am not mistaken, sometime in 1989. Pre-digital camera era. It was taken in Ujong Pasir, Malacca at the water front between Seaview Garden and Taman Aman.

Why am I putting this here? It's because the view is no longer there. A few years after this picture is taken, the sea around this area was reclaimed. I do not know how much is left of the area from the original site....must go back and take a reference shot in the future...or better still, anyone from this area care to shoot a pic for me? From the photos, you can also see the jetty that is situated at the Portugese settlement....don't know whether that jetty still exists too.



Luckily my mum had the foresight to frame this photo for me. Can't find the negative anymore. The orignal has richer colour.

No comments:

nuffnang

googles