Sunday, March 26, 2006

Philippines - Linden Suites, February & March 2006

The Linden Suites is located in Pasig City, about 30 minutes ride from the airport. From the previous posts, you would know that I have previously stayed in the Shangri-la at EDSA. Since my last visit in February though, I have moved to the Linden Suites because it is closer to my Philippine office. It was a great move though because this is a suite for the price of a room in Edsa.

For my first stay in February, it costs me USD85 per night, and now in March it costs USD105 (due to the holiday season). Anyway it was well worth it if you look at the pictures below.

This is a picture of the living room, dining area and a bit of the kitchen. You could see the microwave oven above the full size fridge, no mini fridge here ;)

This is a shot taken from the kitchen that shows the living room and a bit of the master bedroom on the right. You can see that the suite comes with a flat screen 29" Samsung Color TV and also a Stereo set that plays DVD and MP3s as well. Oh, the whole suite has 3 color TVs - the other 2 is in the master bedroom and the study.

This is the master bedroom. A very nice comfy bed and pillows. Not only does it have a simple master light switch by the bed, it also has a night light switch, for those time you want to leave a small light on.

A great kitchen. Great because it comes with all the utensils in the cupboard. It even has a toaster, though I haven't found a use for it.

This is the study. I had this during my visit in February. This is where the cable modem is located. It's great to be able to work in a room away from the bed...so there's less distraction.

This is the 2nd bedroom that I got for my stay now, instead of the study. Did not use it as I was using the master bedroom.

This is the bathroom. A bit of a dissapointment though. The shower is fixed and the pressure to the shower is dissapointing, compared to the outlet for filling the tub. And it was difficult adjusting the shower to the required temperature.

Broadband is available per 24 hour sessions or for a week for USD50.

Next to the hotel is a small convenience stall and also around it are various restaurants from local to western food. If you take a 5-10 minutes walk, you would get to the Shang mall or mega mall.

I would say that I would this is a definately good place to stay and I look forward to future visits.
A shot of Manila. Not sure which side of Manila it is overlooking though.

No comments:

nuffnang

googles